Local Search Optimization
Local Search is, without question, one of the most valuable assets a company with regional offices can engage in to impact search results. With the advent of mobile applications, Google Places, and the increase of geo-targeted searches, Local Search is a primary focus of many companies in their marketing efforts.
Practically any geo-targeted keyword phrase query in Google is now returning a Google Places Result above the natural results. Additionally, branded phrases without a geo-targeted keyword are also showing Places results in Google.
Are you appearing where you need to be?
If you have any brick and mortar locations, you need to leverage the rising boom of local search. Beyond Places, this also impacts your web site and social media profiles. When all of your assets are working together, you have a better chance of being seen for a number of queries in Google.
Local Search Optimization is a key part of our Integrated Search approach which can include:
- Places Listing Optimization
- Tying your Web site to the Places Listings with consistent information through various approaches
- Local content being published through Social Media channels
- Trouble shooting erroneous or duplicate Places Listings
- Local marketing messaging at its finest
Read Local Search Articles Written by Our Staff
- Reclaiming Branded Query SERP Real Estate
- Facebook Graph Search: What Marketers and Facebook Users Need to Know
- Facebook “Nearby” vs. Apple Maps vs. Google Maps
- Google’s Business: Money, Relevance or Both?
- Katie Has No Internet – Day One (from the Dark Ages)
Download Our Point Of View Documents on SEO
- Best Practices for Mobile Site Development and SEO (June 2012)
- Google Penguin: Facts, Fiction & Forecasting (May 2012)
- Google Search, plus Your World (January 2012)
View Our Latest Webinars
- Value-Based Listening: Mining Value from the River of Noise (August 2012)
- Facebook EdgeRank: Kill Your Competition by Mastering Facebook’s Algorithms (July 2012)